Parents are always welcome at our school; however, we take very seriously the safety of your children. The Furgeson staff is committed to a high standard of on-campus security. We request your support as we enforce the following:
- All gates and doors will remain closed and locked during the day.
- Visitors must always check in at the office through the front of the school (Elaine entrance).
- The 221st and 223rd gates are for student use ONLY.
- Student supervision begins at 7:40 a.m. Students are not allowed on campus before this time.
- Students are not allowed in the field area before or after school without school supervision.
- Before school begins, students are supervised as follows: TK & K students report to Rm. A-5 and 1st–6th grade students report to their assigned lunch bench immediately after dropping off backpacks.
In case of inclement weather, students report to assigned classrooms for morning supervision.
At dismissal, students are supervised as follows: TK & K students are dismissed from their classrooms. 1st-6th grade teachers walk classes to black top area; assigned teachers are available at both student exit gates for a 10-minute gate duty.
All visitors MUST follow these safety precautions:
- Enter the school through main office.
- Sign-in and out at the counter.
- Wear a visitor’s badge while on campus.
EMERGENCY INFORMATION: Help us to contact you immediately in case of an emergency
- An Emergency Release Form is distributed at the beginning of the school year.
- Parents must inform the office of any changes at any time.
- Students are only released to those listed in this form.
- For his/her own safety, your child should always know current personal information.